Tuesday, February 13

Secret pal 10

I have joined This
Here are my answers


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Wool, cotton, and natural fibers. I love a good colour palette so the ranges with good colours and great fibers are a favorite. Mohair is a bit too itchy for me and I absolutely cannot stand any man made fibers - especially feathers and the novelty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a knit picks case full of needles, and old fishing tackle thing, and my straights are in one of my own made and designed needle cases.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

My Nonna taught me to knit when I was about 7, then I knitted two aran jumpers as a teenager- my tension was really tight, I took up knitting again in 2000 when I fled Sydney to Melbourne whilst the Olympics were on - I am not at all into sports. I would class myself as a curious-want-to-more intermediate - having touched on alot of aspects of knitting - I have completed my level 1 certificate with the N.S.W. knitters guild. And I have helped teach sock knitting. Really into lace at the moment and going to tackle a cable cardie soon.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

My Amazon.com Wish List


5. What's your favorite scent?

Lavender, Rose and Marc Jacobs

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Try not too - but love white chocolate - rather small very good quality than lots of cheap stuff


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I would love to spin - but need more time and space. I have touch on lots of craft - quilting, sewing, cross stitch, crochet - which I cannot stand unless really required.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
What kind of music is there - everything classical - early music and opera, Smog, Joanna Newsom, Emilini Torrini, Joan as a policewoman - that should give a rough idea, Triple J, Classic FM, 702- Sydney

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Pink, orange, blue, green and black
Don't like muddy colours - or yellow or browns

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Currently it's me and my stash

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, Yes, sometimes and definitely no to ponchos

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Lace, loving reading graphs, socks - as I have a new victim to knit for, cardigans for me, anything that challenges me some more

13. What are you knitting right now?

socks, baby hats, finishing off a baby jumper my sister started and a lace shrug for me

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love hand made gifts - to have something made for me gives me such a thrill

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have done them all, but break the plastic ones, love my circular addi turbos and knitpicks

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
About three years - I have been trying to knit up this rowan denim I got on sale - considering putting it on ebay - dislike how the yarn stains my fingers

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Beach house with my sock victim

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Wind up tin toys, Bakelite knitting items, wool, Scandinavian china and books

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Currently subscribe to Rowan and interweave. Would love to get yarn - an Australian publication, knitsimple or knitscene or knit1 I think it is called

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes - lace, cables, designing my own knitting, coloured knitting and just being a better knitter

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes round foot 22cm, length of foot 22cm, size 38

23. When is your birthday?
American Independence day

No comments: