Monday, January 4

Easter Show 2010

So this year I am going to enter in the show.  I am really I am.

So far there is one finished item to enter - for the 'Take Over The Toy Cabinet' charge from the inner city group.  Aggie Bear should do nicely for this I think.  Toy Class 202 here we come.



Then what next - I am fast but a lace shawl really smacks of madness and I am mad but not that mad.

So I thought this would be a great opportunity to finish a long lingering project my fractal cardigan aka Frost Jacket from Knitting Nature - for Class 115 - 'Adult's Cardigan or Pullover, with sleeves, in yarn thicker than 8 ply'  - this would be two birds one stone - and finally a finished garment.  How this has lingered so long I am not sure at all.  I am scared about insufficient yarn but I just need to bit the bullet and go there.


Finally I thought this could also be an opportunity to make myself undertake something that has been brewing since earlier last year - the Fan Cardigan from Japanese knits.  I am intrigued by this pattern.  But what colour and what to knit it in?  This I thought could be a stash buster and I could use either Tango (choices there include charcoal, pink, beige or cream) or Bambi in pink.
Any way choices choices.......... I am leaning towards long sleeves though.



8 comments:

Yarna said...

I have been pondering the Fan Cardigan too. I think that the pattern needs a pastel shade though, so perhaps not the charcoal? Good luck with the Easter Show.

Kris said...

Hooray! If we're lucky, they'll have Aggie Bear and Albert the Pudding holding hands in the cabinet. :)

Rose Red said...

I still haven't decided whether to enter anything or not...I should do a toy at least, shouldn't I!

I LOVE the Fan Cardigan. I may have to become your knitting stalker...I think it would look good in the charcoal though (but I'm not much of a fan of pastels, so I would say that, wouldn't I!!)

kgirlknits said...

love them all! can't wait to see the ambush on the toy cabinet ;)

and RoseRed - I though I was the object of you knitty-stalking?? I suddenly feel so cheap and used.... :P

DrK said...

oh a new blog template! cool! and the fan cardi is gorgeous. on you i automatically thought charcoal but a nice cream or beige would be fab...

Virginia G said...

I love the color for the fractal cardigan. Beautiful!

A couple months ago, I bought Knitting Nature, and I often take it off the shelf and flip through it. It lowers my blood pressure or something.

Andrea said...

Good luck with the entry! I'm sure the judges will be wowed by your cardigan. If they're anything like the Royal Melbourne judges, they have a list of conditions that will floor you, though. "Knitted tea cosies must have a knitted lining"...why do I have to sew together two separate cosies?!?

Unknown said...

Aggie Bear is very cute. All the best with the show.