Sunday, October 19

phews or weekend windup

Bike is a true winner. I cycled home from the shop. Then back to Kris' in Chippendale and back home again. I did have a bit of a stack on the way home I was going a bit fast and hit a pothole the basket flew off and contents were spewed over the road. Thankfully it was a quiet road and I gathered up my phone, battery back, book and knitting - no damage - a small scrap and ding on the basket. I am worried that the catch mechanism is not working properly. So I will drop by the shop tomorrow and get the guys to check it out.

Apart from the smal incident I love it, a form of freedom. So it is a bike to work tomorrow - and we are hoping to join the bike bus in the morning - if we get up in time.

Then on the knitting front I finished the Jaywalkers.



But sister -in-law you will have to wait until December to get them - sorry they are a farewell present for your overseas jaunt.

This little hat is for the newest niece Rory. A made up from one of the Yarn Harlot's book.




Then the reblocked Hemlock. Still need a better system to block lace.




Morris and Sons gained some of my pennies today. I succumbed to the sale.

11 balls of Jo Sharp DK cotton, 2 x 2.25mm knitpick circulars and 6 DPN 2.25mm as well - all for the socks currently underway.

Finally my WIP list is shrinking although I think there may be a blow out this week - that cotton is hankering to be a summer cardie and I am itching to start a Pi shawl - the only question would be what colour. mmmmmm

Dark grey, pink , red or green - vote on the side if you like.

No comments: