Friday, February 26

seeing red




I am getting a bit addicted to red and a certain wool label at the moment. There is one more ball in the mail too.  My first ball was from Rosered and the rest are just company really.  I am obsessed with the different hues and tones of the reds here.



My currently fondling obsession is the third one from the left  and although I have show knitting and a small toy to make I am tempted to cast on this shawl.

The lace weight at the far right may just become a featherweight.


My second show entry is complete and I am just over the hump with the third.  I was sailing along last night when I realised again how bad my pattern reading skills are - and had to unpick back to the start of the decrease.  Now I am doing the 'have I enough wool' fret.


My 3rd pair of socks for 2010 are coming along nicely and I am currently researching the next pair - as I did two for S.V. I think the next pair is for me again.  I am not sure whether to start the hard ones or not as yet.

I just could not resist the Sunny-boy bag from buttontree lane.  The print and the shape takes me back to my childhood.


Finally a hello from the kittens - Tom is just about disinterested in yarn and Po is still in love of heights.

13 comments:

1funkyknitwit said...

Mmmm.. I too am luv'n the Wolmeiser & in red ...YUM!

YES to the shawl.. cast on ^-^

Ruby Girl said...

The red yarn is just lovely...and your knitting for the show looks very nice, good luck at the show. Sunny boys, now that takes me back too, didn't you just love it when you got the "free one" stamp inside the pack and could go back to the shop and get another one for nothing.

missfee said...

oh I so forgot about the free one - that zooms be right back to my 2nd grade tuck shop

DrK said...

ZOMG look at all that wollmeise! are you not overcome with fumes? how have you not cast on already. do the featherweight, do eeeeeet!

Sue said...

Oh my goodness what luxury! I love red too and they look beautiful. Your cats are so cute, lucky they dont play with all the gorgeous yarns. Your knitting looks wonderful, you have been knitting a lot!

Yarna said...

Show knitting is just beautiful! You are such a prolific knitter! Yes - cast on the shawl. It will look wonderful.

Flea-Bites said...

I echo Yarna - I don't know how you have enough hours to do all tht knitting! The show entry looks so complicated - good luck with it. Oh, and cast on the shawl ;o)

Flea-Bites said...

Sorry again about the Library ID _ I'm me - GrandmaFlea

Anonymous said...

So much red wollmeise goodness! I'm enthralled to see what you'll do with it.

FEATHERWEIGHT! DO IT!

Great looking show entry!

jp said...

As always the knitting is stunning.

Loving the red and to echo bells cast on the Featherweight oh and the shawl.

Rose Red said...

Look at all that lovely red goodness!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Re the Fan - just knit faster, that'll ensure you don't run out of yarn!

LynS said...

Wonderful! All of it...the styles you chose to knit for the Show, the fact that you've done so much, the perfect colours, the speedy sock knitting (I'm so behind), and of course, all that rich redness.

elizabeth said...

Beautiful knits! Interesting construction too!