Tuesday, February 9

Wool and kittens

here my dear readers is the sum total haul from my recent trip south - at least 3 packets of yarn has been re-homed or rehoused.

Now for some finished items here are the first in the wonderful and very talented Knitabulous' yarn club - Shantaram knit in soft sock(yum yum) - I knit on 2.5mm DPNS for the first sock and changed to my stock standard two circulars for the second.  I can't count and I managed to make an extra repeat on the leg before stating the heel - thanks to Knitra for helping me count and read patterns - as you will see this tip did not stick.



Here is my knitting nemisis - for nearly 2 years this my Frost Cardigan(or fractal nightmare)  has languished in my fear of running out of wool.  Well can you guess how much yarn is left?  ONE whole BALL!!!! duh.  Anyway one more front edge and some ends to sew in and a (ahem) block and she will be ready for entry into the show! Phew.




My second 1/2 pair of socks for 2010 and already I have broken my own promise - one for Sock Victim one for me. S.V. has won twice already.  It was the lure of cotton and the heat that has done it.  I am about to cast on #2 and this is my go everywhere knitting at the moment.



Finally the project in which missfee is reminded not for the first time - to READ the pattern.  Unless you want to get to row 70 and realise you have miss the second half of the pattern instructions for the shaping on the previous 50 rows.  A glass of beer and the rip happened last night - I am already gaining ground - but only up to row 28 at the moment.  I draped it for you to see the effect.  Currently - and we know how off I am with yarn estimates, I am going for the short sleeve version of Viften.  I am loving this pattern and just wished I could knit faster.....



Finally here ar the kittens to say hi.  Tom says I am a meanie for not letting him eat all of the time - he has lost weight under instruction from the Vet.  Po says thanks for guarding me whilst I eat so I do eat and Tom doesn't steal my dinner - as I had lost weight.



I am dreaming of lots of other knits and feel a bit stalled by the bigger projects - I am itching to knit a shawl or 10.......

6 comments:

Rose Red said...

I so LOVE the fan cardigan. Can't wait to see yours!

Kellyansapansa said...

I love the colour of the frost cardigan. And your kitty cats are so cute!

LynS said...

Love all the knitting, Fee, but particularly the fan cardigan. The shaping is most ingenious.

Sue said...

Your cardigan looks beautiful!! I like your new knit too, very pretty so far. As for socks, well I still havent finished the 1st sock of the second pair so you are going much better than me. We have a kitty cat who likes to eat everyone else's dinner too although he doesnt look like he does. Our poor kitty Bella is such a tiny thing too that I am sure he eats most of hers. Maybe I need to guard her eating times too.

Virginia G said...

The frost cardigan looks amazing! I'm incredibly impressed with it.

And yes, not actually reading the pattern seems to be my downfall most of the time. Ugh.

I've had lots of problems with cats trying to starve each other. Haven't figured that one out.

DrK said...

your cats are gorgeous, your knitting is gorgeous, you are gorgeous for bringing me back that gorgeous white wool! cant wait to see all this gorgeousness in the show!! (heh, my verification word is catermas!)