Percy of many thanks is off to be the present of many thanks.
I have learnt so much whilst knitting this project.
- Lifelines are a must - I used it at least once at each change of chart.
- Reading about the pattern and various issuses on Ravlery actually helps.
- I can knit lace and do lace knitting - one has a purl/garter stitch row on the alternate row the other chart reading both ways.
- Putting my mind to something does work and pay off
- I can knit a shawl over 500m - I got to 878.7m according to the weight I used
- Nupps are really worth the effort and not that scary - really
I looked at it last night once it was blocked and again this morning - and I actually can't believe I did it. I am already having lace with-drawl and I have been searching for the next lace challenge - I feel a circle or a shetland coming on......
Pattern - Percy - free from Ravelry
I did 16 repeats of CHART A
Rows 5-31 once of CHART B
Rows 1-27 once of CHART B
Once CHART C
Yarn - Fiddle sticks Knitting Exquisite Silky Laceweight - nearly 100 grams
Needles - 3.25mm until the cast off where I used 3.75mm
Today I have been to visit my darling and gorgeous Aunt and two cousins who are over from Perth - they are staying in a fantastic serviced apartment in Bondi Junction.
Tonight I am going out to dinner with some S.V.'s family whom are visiting from Melbourne - we are off to Glebe Point Diner - weeeeee
And tomorrow - well that is another exciting day to look forward to - I believe there is a picnic and various fun things planned - I will let you know. And I might just be a bit older by the next post.