Sunday, September 5

goodbye gofa















Today I said goodbye to my gofa bike, thank you to gumtree...4 hours from post to pickup is that some record?


It has been a great bike for the past 1 and a bit years - but I have recently wanted to go a bit faster and have a bigger range of gears, and to sit so that I got more power out of my legs when peddling.  The gofa was a great bike to get me back into cycling again - and a great summer ride - with a frock off to knitting....


















so now it is hello to my new trek - who is currently being pimped by the Sock Victim, new grips, bottle holder and rack for starters....





















and now for a small give away - I made 4 of these - and there is one left over, if you can help me decide what to knit with my polwarth it is yours.....














There is about 140 grams and at 100m per 28grams I think about 500m

how do I best show off the yarn?  I am into triangles and lace at the moment if that heads you in the right direction - and I posted a list of ideas over on ravelry earlier

7 comments:

Rose Red said...

I have made a suggestion on Rav - Dottie-3 - lovely shawl - now I want to make it with my Polwarth Silk that I got at Bendi last year!!

I'm sad about your Gofa - it's so very cool - but your new bike is also so very cool!! And it goes faster, so weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

i really think that EZ half circle shawl would be perfect except i think you are about 200 metres short. so that wont work unless you do less repeats or modify the pattern. having said that, something more simple as it does have a bit of a halo. have a look at one called Aase's shawl, see what you think!

Yarna said...

Agree with DrK re Aase's shawl. Or Seeds of Change, Romanesque, Siuslaw, or Willow.

All on Rav

Anonymous said...

i take that back. i think it needs to be a shetland triangle. i have the pattern. will bring sat. or have you already done one?

Anonymous said...

bugger. yes you have. i take that back too. what about annis from knitty?

jp said...

What about the Fiore di Mare Shawlette on Rav

By the way noticed you started Summer Solstice!

Anonymous said...

I would recommend Seascape by Kieran Foley. It might also make a great Coquille; I've been quite intrigued to knit it since it came out on Knitty. And the colors reminded me of dusk, so I did a quick rav search and thought that the Dusk Scarf by Anne Corcoran might be pretty as well...