So I finished my Viften yesterday. I may have botched up the sewing together and I now feel it isn't quite perfect enough for the show but I am going to proceed anyway with the entry.
This was a really interesting knit - the construction is two fronts with curved edges that make up the collar, the back and the sleeves - with raglan shaping. I had hoped that I had enough wool to make the long sleeves but after a slight panic at the Knitters' guild AGM I forgo that thought and just stuck with the short sleeves. The sleeves are a bit snug and the fronts quite billowy. I did have heaps of positive comments at work yesterday and one makeup friend nearly stole it from my bag - saying I'd buy that if I saw it in the shops. I am really pleased with the colour and wish I could be taking it away with me to show off this weekend.
The knit picks yarn did knit up well and towards the end I was spit splicing it together - this was a first for me. There were a couple of mistakes with the slipped stitch that I dropped and fixed as I was going and I am so less fearful of fixing things on the go now.
So now for another cardie for me - I have cast on tea leaves in the correct yarn - and I am in love with the colour of this one. In my head I am determined to knit the list of cardies I have had ruminating for the past year or so........but that list I will save for another post.
Po was most upset I moved his scratching post this morning to take photos, then had renewed interest in scratching whilst I was photographing.