Wednesday, January 5

new year's goals

inspired by Kris and a few other blogs I have been working on my 2011 goals whilst on holidays
george is gorgeous























These are

Move more eat less

broken down below-

  • Running 10km per week, more is fine less is not - and walking counts
  • loose 5kilos - this fits into my eat less move more goal of above
  • meditate 5 minutes day minimum
  • sweat the big stuff not the small stuff - I tend to worry about the small things - if your tweets annoy me instead of ranting at S.V. for a day  I am just going to unfollow instead.  
  • Be kind to myself and not expect to be super human, remind myself that I am just a person
  • meditate each day (I said that already didn't I)
  • knit for pleasure not cause I have to - deadlines are not important this year

So far I have
run 3 kms for the last 3 days - to make up for the large amounts of lounging and eating and drinking whilst on holiday
eaten too much but back to Weight Watchers in February - after the madness of work disperses
about to clean up my twitter to ease the small and concentrate on the big
still need to start on the meditating - does knitting count......

4 comments:

LynS said...

These look like very sensible and achievable goals, Fee, though I recommend adding another to not be too hard on yourself if you fall a bit short of achieving them from time to time.

Wishing you and SV a happy, healthy, productive, and not too stressed 2011.

Anonymous said...

knitting is definitely meditation! and i would second what lyn says. my major goal for this year is just to be myself and therefore be kind to myself. if i can accept myself than i might get better at accepting other people too. otherwise, the unfollow button is indeed a very handy tool. dont forget youre just human fee, and youre lovely the way you are xx

Alrischa said...

I think I will copy and paste your goals! I'd like to lose more than 5kg, but there's daydreaming and then there's reality! lol. Great goals :)

Virginia G said...

Meditating... yeah, that's the hard one for me. So far I've meditated twice in two days, and I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Will be shooting for three this evening!